Day 7-He Directs Our Steps



Psalm 37:23
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. NLV

The steps of a [good and righteous] man are directed and established by the Lord, and He delights in his way [and blesses his path]. AMP

God delights in every detail of your life! Each day is directed by the Lord for your benefit.  That means He already knows what needs to happen today for you to be blessed.  He has fun arranging every detail so it leads to the success He has planned for you.
Looking back on my life, it is easy to see how God has directed my steps. Only God could have arranged the circumstances for me to be adopted into the wonderful family I'm in. He also arranged it so I could meet my birth mother and family at precisely the right time in my life.
Nobody but God could have arranged the details of my life to meet and marry my husband or direct my steps to the job as a manager at Hancock fabrics. In both of those situations, I can look back and see how all the details of my life came together for me to be blessed with a godly husband and the job I needed at that time.
So why isn't our path to this success clearer? Sometimes those challenges are there to teach us and make us stronger. Sometimes they are obstacles thrown into our path by the enemy to try and get us off track. When this happens, we need to trust in the Lord and lean not to our own understanding.  As we do this, we allow Him to work all things together for our good.
Think back over your life and look for the ways God has ordered your steps for your path to be blessed. Now, look into your future. Each little detail is a stepping stone on a path to new blessings. These little details are important to God and His overall plan for your life. He wants you to know today, He's got you covered. To trust Him with the big stuff means we have to let Him direct the little details.

What are the little details you are trying to handle on your own because you think they are too small to bother God with?  Give Him one little detail today that you've been holding onto and watch what He does with it.
 Then share in the comments what happened. We love to hear testimonies of God's goodness!

Extra Delight:  Make your own stepping stones
Check out some DIY stepping stones on the Garden Ideas Board at jodelights! Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1-His Perfect Plan

Day 3-Decorated with Salvation